On Friday evening, the Golfing Union of Ireland (GUI) published their return to golf protocol, with the golf returning in five phases over the next several weeks. Lastnight, Monkstown Golf Club published their protocol, in line with the advice from the GUI.
Those instructions are published on the Club website but this text will specifically outline accessibility / key items relevant for juniors during this time.
During Phase 1 which will run until June 8th, the following will apply;
– Only juniors who have competed regularly off white markers are eligible to play.
– Times must be booked via the timesheet system which will run all day, starting at 7.30am, finishing at 8pm. No play is permitted prior to or after these times.
– Play is restricted to 3 rounds per week.
– Juniors can book anytime from Monday to Friday but only after 1.30pm on Saturday’s and Sunday’s. As above, max 3 rounds per week.
– Only one junior per timeslot is permitted and juniors MUST play with an adult at all times. The only exception is if two juniors are from the same household (both off whites) and pre-arrange their game with an adult.
– Players can only arrive 15mins before their tee-time and must leave the Club grounds within 15mins of the round’s completion. This must be strictly adhered to.
– The practice ground remains closed at this time, except for the 15mins prior to the players round commencement.
We understand these restrictions are challenging for our juniors but the Club must reopen in a safe and structured manner. We will continue to monitor timesheet activity, GUI protocols, Government guidelines etc and look at opportunities to increase junior activity where possible. We still intend to hold competitions / coaching etc for juniors during the summer once safe to do so.
I will update you further if there are any changes to the above protocol. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in these unprecedented times.
Donal & Junior Committee